Wednesday, March 5, 2008

CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY

CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY

USER COMMENT:
I must admit that I misjudged this movie. When I saw the trailer I never expected it to be a good one. I'm not a chocolate lover, I didn't see a connection with this movie, only to find out that there's more to it. Johnny Depp of course is such a fine actor. I always see him as a handsome and cool guy, that is why it gives me that smile how they made him look funny and convincing as Willy Wonka. I particularly like the moral values they injected in it. Overall, both parents and kids will have fun watching Charlie and the Chocolate factory.



Plot Outline/ Synopsis:

A young boy wins a tour through the most magnificent chocolate factory in the world, led by the world's most unusual candy maker. This is a story of an ordinary little boy named Charlie Bucket. He was not faster, or stronger, or more clever than other children. His family was not rich or powerful or well-connected; in fact, they barely had enough to eat. Charlie Bucket was the luckiest boy in the entire world. He just didn't know it yet.

Director: Tim Burton

Writers: Roald Dahl (book)
John August (screenplay)
Release Date: 3 August 2005 (Philippines)

Genre: Adventure/Comedy/Family/Fantasy

Rated PG for quirky situations, action and mild language.

Awards: Nominated for Oscar. Another 8 wins & 31 nominations

Casts:
Johnny Depp
Freddie Highmore
David Kelly
Helena Bonham Carter
Noah Taylor
Missi Pyle
James Fox
Deep Roy
Christopher Lee
Adam Godley
Jordan Fry
Anna Sophia Robb, etc.

No comments: