Thursday, May 1, 2008

MULTIPLICITY MOVIE, 1996

Last night my 3 kids (ages 5 and 2) are fighting over who gets mommy first. The three of them have different rituals at night during bedtime. My youngest son at 2 is still breastfeeding (that makes him sleep, of course!). Rafael’s back has to be scratched, and Julia needs to be hugged.

There are baby lotion available that the kids can use like
California Baby Calming Everyday Lotion
or
Johnson's Bedtime Lotion
. Baby lotion soothes the baby to sleep.

I was having difficulty since I only have 2 hands and a body. So, I asked them if they want mommy to make another 2 just like me. That’s when I remembered the movie Multiplicity…I had to explain to them what cloning is. They understood the concept, and Rafael immediately ignored the idea of having her mom cloned, because in his own words, “we will have a hard time knowing who the real you”. To make the long story short, they opted to wait for baby Juan to sleep first and then I hugged Julia while scratching Rafael’s back.

Multiplicity is very entertaining and funny! This film started out a bit slow but got funnier as it went by. Watch the movie and you’ll forget how hard it is to have just one you!

Director: Harold Ramis

Writer : Chris Miller

Release Date: 17 July 1996

Genre: Comedy/Sci-Fi/Fantasy

Plot: Construction worker Doug Kinney finds that the pressures of his working life, combined with his duties to his wife Laura and daughter Jennifer leaves him with little time for himself. However, he is approached by geneticist Dr. Owen Leeds who offers him a rather unusual solution to his problems - cloning. himself duplicated.


Casts:
Michael Keaton
Andie Macdowell
Zach Duhame
Katie Schlossberg
Harris Yulin
Richard Masur
Eugene Levy, etc..

No comments: