Tuesday, February 5, 2008

BIG FISH

Big fish is a story about stories; it tells about a man’s great love for a woman; his adventures; a father and son relationship; and his relationship with all the people he met along the way. The main character, Edward Bloom, tells his life story in a fancy way, in which his son does not approve of.

This is a very nice movie to watch for people who are in love. I’d like to quote my favorite line in the movie, “they say that when you meet the love of your life, time stops”… With this line, the feeling when I first met my husband (15 years ago!) flashed back at once. I remember seeing this guy in green shirt and khaki pants, standing at my cousin’s door, and suddenly time did stop, and a thought run through my mind, “can this guy be my boyfriend?.”. Now with 3 kids, our life has never been happier!

I rate this movie 5 stars because it tells about how life should be spent fully and nicely... even if you are a regular kind of person!

Tim Burton is such a great director!

Casts: Albert Finney, Ewan McGregor, Jessica Lange, Helena Bonham Carter, Billy Crudup, Alison Lohman, Robert Guilllaume, Steve Buscemi, Ada Tai, Arlene Tai, Matthew Mcgrory, Marion Cotillard, David Denman, etc.

Rated: PG 13 because it contains some fight scenes and the back of a nude woman

Genre: Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Comedy

1 comment:

dyoobshvili said...

love this movie! especially as it centers on father-son relationship. add my blog as well, dyoobshvili.blogspot.com