Sunday, February 24, 2008

DINOSAUR PARTY ---for boys 2 to 7 years old

We celebrated my youngest son, Juan, first birthday in a restaurant. Everything turned out fine, of course because I was the one who prepared everything! The only disaster was that the food was served late!!! I was so ashamed with the guests that I sulked for a month!

This year I’ve decided to give my son a small party but nevertheless a happy one. The venue is in our house. The theme is dinosaur. I started with the invitation (of course, it has to have a dinosaur print. Since our place is small, I divided the guests to be invited in three groups/batches. First batch at 3 pm (friends from school); second batch at 5pm (neighbors); third batch at 7pm (relatives).

For the loot bags, I made a bag using glossy brochures. I put candies, biscuits, small toys, coloring books and crayons inside. I decorated the paper bag with curling ribbon and a plastic dinosaur toy (which you can buy in bulk).

I ordered three cakes (in different flavors) and decorated it myself with plastic dinosaur toy (much cheaper than buying a ready made dinosaur cake). Make sure the toy is lead free before placing it on the cake though.

Games:

1. Pin the tail on the dinosaur (pin the tail on the donkey). I had my kids’ dinosaur coloring book photocopied. I cut the tail of the dinosaur and pinned the paper on the wall (must be eye level with the kids).

2. Dinosaur Race. I bought 2 wind-up dinosaur toys. The game is much like a car race.

3. Match the Dino. I bought dinosaur flashcards. Told the kids to look carefully on the dinosaur flashcards posted on the wall. And I made them find the one that matches the dinosaur I was holding.

My husband decorated our ceiling with crepe paper and the walls with some balloons. I scattered Dino flashcards on top of the dining table.

On the center table, we placed several dinosaur plastic toys and egg-shaped chocolates.

Clearance Costumes & Party Supplies at BuyCostumes.com

No comments: